See in United Arab Emirates
* Some of the largest sand dunes in the world in the south of Abu Dhabi in the Liwa Oasis area.
* Beautiful beaches on the east coast.
* Rugged, remote wadis in the northern emirates.
* Archeological sites and natural rock formations in the Hajar Mountains.
* Resplendent oases in Al Ain.
Although at first glance the outdoors may seem dull and uninteresting, and even dangerous due to the desert conditions, there are actually amazing natural destinations in the UAE – the difficulty is in knowing where to find them! There are pristine waterfalls, cliffs lined with fossils, even freshwater lakes – Weekenduae is a blog that freely shares ideas, routes and plans for weekend adventures in the UAE (and Oman) with all trip details including description, GPS track, interactive map, and photos.