City in Vietnam
* Hanoi (Hà Nội) – the capital and second largest city
* Haiphong (Hải Phòng) – the “port city”, a major port in north Vietnam
* Dalat (Đà Lạt) – the largest city in the highlands
* Ho Chi Minh City (Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh) – the largest city and the main economic centre of the country, formerly Saigon (Sài Gòn)
* Hoi An (Hội An) – delightfully well-preserved ancient port, near the ruins of Mỹ Sơn
* Da Nang ((Đà Nẵng) – the third largest city
* Hue (Huế) – former home of Vietnam’s emperors
* Nha Trang – burgeoning beach resort
* Phan Thiet (Phan Thiết) – “the resort capital” with Mui Ne beach.
* Vinh – the major city in northern Vietnam with very nice Cua lo beach.